Best Leather Jackets for Men
Versatile, Durable & Timelessly Stylish — These Are the Best Leather Jackets of 2023
The AskMen editorial team thoroughly researches & reviews the best gear, services and staples for life. AskMen may get paid if you click a link in this article and buy a product or service.
One of the best parts of a leather jacket is like a fine wine; they only get better with age. Scuff ‘em, love ‘em, take them everywhere – the sunspots and light scuffs will add to the laid back cool vibes. The more you wear the leather jacket, the more supple the leather will be.
RELATED: Best Sherpa Trucker Jackets
There’s no more iconic wardrobe staple than the classic leather jacket. But while all jackets may look alike at first glance, there are so many varieties that it can be hard and overwhelming to shop for the perfect leather jacket, especially if you’re getting ready to spend lots of dough on your purchase. That said, there’s no need to blow a month’s rent on a slick jacket — we’ve gathered a selection of leather jackets look great without breaking the bank.
There are many key considerations to make before you buy anything:
- Style: Leather jackets can come in biker, moto, flight, bomber, or other styles, so make sure you look at and try on several different types to see what fits your body type, climate, and wardrobe best.
- Fit: Leather jackets are ideal when they’re snug but have a little extra wiggle room, so you can wear a thicker shirt or a sweater and not feel like you’re in a sausage casing. A well-made leather jacket will hug your shoulders, not hang past them. A good jacket will also end right at your wrists and waist. Even if it’s a beautiful jacket, if your sleeves hang towards the floor or the shoulders slouch, the jacket will look poorly made.
- Detailing: Jackets may come with different stitching or patterns as well as different types of zippers and pockets, so be sure to pay attention to how much storage your jacket has and how the lines look before you buy.
Ready to start your search for the perfect leather jacket? Here are several amazing options to consider buying.
ASOS Real Leather Moto Jacket in Black
You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to own a well-made. eye-catching leather jacket. This model from ASOS takes some of the most iconic leather jacket style touches – the notch collar, the zippered sleeves and pockets – but offers them in a less loose, more fitted cut, made from real leather with a matte finish.
$139.30 at ASOS.com
ZADIG & VOLTAIRE Lasso Jacket
If you want to aim for rock star levels of glamor, pick up a straight cut leather jacket, like this Lasso Jacket from ZADIG & Voltaire. It’s made from 100% lambskin leather, feels soft and light to wear, and is easy to dress up or down, whether you’re headed for the club or casual drinks with friends.
$798 at ZADIG-et-VOLTAIRE.com
Calvin Klein Faux Lamb Leather Moto Jacket
Calvin Klein’s inexpensive faux-leather jacket is animal-friendly, not to mention it comes with a hood and sweatshirt lining attached (so no need to wear a completely different sweater under the jacket!).
From $151.79 at Amazon.com
Cole Haan Signature Washed Leather Moto Jacket
This streamlined moto jacket comes with interior and exterior pockets, not to mention a comfortable, cozy lining. This supple leather jacket combines the warmth of a tradition leather coat with the flexibility of a dress shirt. The antiquated leather finish doesn’t hurt, either.
From $365.40 at Amazon.com
GUILTY Los Angeles College Jacket
While they’re not as versatile as their less flashy cousins, college jackets are a great option for a casual night out, and this relaxed-fit option from GUILTY ticks all of the boxes: stylish, well made, and supremely comfortable. The vegan leather sleeves offer the look and feel of real leather, while the press-stud fastening and patches complete the look.
$240 at Guilty-Store.com
Ralph Lauren Lambskin Leather Jacket
If you’re after a more restrained look but still want the feel and silhouette of a classic leather jacket, pick up this high-end beauty from Ralph Lauren. It’s made from full-grain lambskin, giving it an astonishingly soft feel, while a Black Watch tartan lining offers superior warmth without adding weight to the jacket.
$698 at RalphLauren.com
Laverapelle Lambskin Leather Jacket
Want to combine modern influences with the classic bad boy moto jacket? For the full Marlon Brando appeal, opt for an asymmetrical cut moto jacket, like this buttery-soft Lambskin jacket from Amazon. But take note, if you’re aiming to pull off this jacket, the rest of your outfit should come with just as much attitude. The devil-may-care feel of this jacket will seem out of place with a polo and khakis.
From $182.99 at Amazon.com
ALLSAINTS Cora Leather Jacket
Take the classic leather jacket silhouette and add a few modern style touches and you get something like this ultra-cool Koshi jacket from AllSaints. The leather is soft and supple, the stitching is expert and unobtrusive, and the red liner (made from recycled materials) offers a great splash of color contrast.
$649 at ALLSAINTS.com
How to Take Care of Leather
Once you purchase your jacket, it’s equally important to know how to care for it, especially if you dropped serious cash to get it:
- Clean your leather weekly with a damp cloth to get rid of any day-to-day dirt and grime.
- Keep your jacket away from heat or sunlight in a space where the leather can breathe (as in, not shoved in the back of your closet!).
- Consider investing in a leather polish or conditioner to use every few months to maintain the leather’s integrity and help the leather keep its sheen.
Leather Honey Leather Cleaner
Let’s face it, you most likely will be wearing your jacket when facing all of the elements. No matter how you care for your jacket, it’s bound to endure some dirt or dust. Luckily, if you purchase a simple dirt cleaner like this one from Leather Honey, you can give your jacket (or any other leather item for this matter!) and you’re ready to hit the streets.
$23.99 at Amazon.com